Publish Not Perish is the Libraries' self-paced tutorial on the topic of publishing in scholarly journals. Use the tutorial to learn to:
- Describe the role of scholarly publishing in an academic career
- List the essential steps of planning and writing a scholarly paper.
- Develop a personal publication plan
- Compare and contrast the different publishing models currently in use
- Describe the types of articles you can write
- List the pros and cons of collaborative authoring
- Describe the tools and resources a scholarly writer needs to have on hand
Open Access (OA) is a movement that advocates for content that is freely accessible, usually online, to the public. In academia, OA literature provides an alternative to the current costly and unsustainable practice of allowing access to academic research solely through subscriptions.
Learn more about open access, including the Libraries' Open Access Fund.