Developing Research Questions: Your Scope & Feasibility
Another important aspect of determining your research question is scope. What is feasible for you to answer within your time, your access, your economic, and other constraints? Have you chosen a question that acknowledges those limitations.
- Many of us start with a very broad question in mind. Try these steps to narrow:
- State your research interest
- Think of a narrower scope
- Brainstorm questions
- Pick the question you are most interested in
- Rephrase the question to be narrower in scope
- Repeat as needed
Use mindmaps to brainstorm keywords and your topic.