Please provide a brief article summary and reflection. In this assignment, you will need to utilize University Library resources to find scholarly articles relating to this week’s topic. Each Article Summary and Reflection assignment that you turn in will be no more than one page, but will ask you to contextualize the article you find to the week’s readings. Your submission will also need to reflect on your own background and experiences, as well as relationships in the classroom and with schools.
Using library resources find one quality academic article. Then do the following:
- Formally cite the article using APA formatting.
- Identify, do not evaluate, the main thesis of the study in several sentences.
- State the author’s conclusion in a 1-2 sentences.
- Briefly contextualize the article to this week’s required readings.
- Briefly assess this article against your own background and experiences in K-12 education.
- Thinking now to our communities and larger society, how might the article’s main points affect relationships in the classroom and with schools? What about this information’s effect relationship with the community?
- Relate this article to a current event. Be sure to cite a news article from a reputable source.
Assignment style and formatting:
- APA Style (1-inch margins, Times New Roman or Ariel font, font size 12, double-spaced)
- Well-organized writing with logical progression of statements and ideas
- APA Citations for all sources utilized in your discussion